What It Means To Be Here: Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, The Lowcountry and Beyond
Bring this book to life with your smartphone or tablet using our new dynamic technology.
- Download the free ‘HP Reveal’ app (formerly Aurasma) from the Apple app store or Google Play.
- Log in. Click on the magnifying glass, search for the ‘Starbooks’ channel, click follow.
- Hover your smartphone or tablet over the pages in the book with Snap icons to experience stunning aerial footage.
The lush landscape, the many waterways both large and small, the slant of the sun, and the overabundance of nature are some of the powerful lures that draw folks to the South and particularly the Lowcountry of South Carolina.
Photographer Marge Agin captures the heartbeat of the area, the community, the places, and the people with images that underscore the beauty and character of this much-beloved area. In the pages of What It Means To Be Here, Agin's third book, you will experience images that will resonate with you.
- Essays by Bluffton Mayor Lisa Sulka and Courtney Hampson, Director of Marketing, Palmetto Bluff
- 152 pages and 270 original photographs
- Twelve photographs with bonus dynamic aerial content
- High-quality hardbound coffee table book with deluxe embossed cloth cover and french dust jacket
Marge Agin has traveled the world taking photographs and now calls Bluffton, South Carolina, and the Lowcountry her home. Using her camera to take the original photographs, Agin then enhances them with modern techniques, combining both her photographic knowledge and her artistic talent to produce strong, bright images evoking the feelings she has for the environment.
"Photography has always been my passion. My photographs are unique because what I see through the camera is just the first step. When you look at my photographs, you are lookings at them, through the lens of my imagination."
This is Marge Agin's third book following the sell-out success of Bluffton Changing Tides.
12 x 9 in.
Hardcover, Embossed Cloth Cover, Dust Jacket